View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Smitty730
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Thanks for the patch, EA

I'm a big offline franchise guy and the outrageous RB stats are a disappointment. However, I've never let franchise-related issues plague my enjoyment.

A long time ago I stopped griping about video game glitches. It's important to suspend disbelief while playing any video games, regardless of genre.

It's no different than watching a graphically-enchanced movie. It's not realistic, but it's fun. Video games ARE NOT the real thing. They do not mimic real life and never will.

I'm probably in the minority, but I tend to not give a crap about these minor problems. I don't want to waste my own time bitching and complaining about it. As long as the game WORKS, which Madden 10 does, I don't care.

As for the EA guys, and their inability to fix these issues, I have a theory.

The developers DO NOT play multi-season franchise mode when testing a game. They'll focus on gameplay problems and weed out any cosmetic glitches in franchise mode, but I honestly do not believe they simmed 20 seasons and noticed the stats glitch.

Is it a damn shame and inexcusable? Definitely. I see why people are so upset, as am I, but I'm having a good time in franchise mode (Year 5 with the Eagles). That won't change ... even if Tom Brady wins his fifth straight MVP award.