View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
dp68
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: My Thoughts on the Game

The Defensive Pass Coverage is Garbage. It has been garbage since the first few years of the series, and it still is. I ignored the series for 4 years before trying 2010 out. What a waste of money.

I played this game for 3 days and threw my hands up in frustration. Mind you I was playing in "coach mode," and not cheesing.

I found that the defense could not cover Slant plays no matter who the teams were. I was coaching Florida Atlantic against Florida, and beat them in 8 min quarters in All-American mode 49-42. I just called Slant Pass after Slant Pass and they couldn't stop a single one. My QB completed something like 40 of 44 passes for over 500 yards.

So I tried with different teams, and got the same ridiculous results. I changed the sliders, and Slant passes still burned every defense.

In one particularly amazing moment, I got bored of "outsmarting" the defense by calling slant passes. I was facing 3rd and about 25 from my own 30 yard line, and I decided to call "Verticals." All receivers raced down the field past the secondary like they were standing knee deep in water. Then my QB threw a strike to a wide open receiver who went for the TD. On my next possession, I decided to call "Verticals" again. Guess what? 80 yard TD pass. Are you kidding me?

Finally I lowered the QB Accuracy to 10, and increased the Def Pass Coverage to 80. This lowered Slant Pass Completion %'s to about 60%. But it effectively killed all other pass plays from working. What a joke. Did anyone over the age of 12 play test this game?

Nice graphics. Great for kids I guess. But if you know a little about football, this game will challenge you for about 5 minutes.

Last edited by dp68; 01-01-2010 at 09:17 PM.