View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #26
lilgame06
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: EA Sports listen to the Commentary in these Week 17 games

i agree. its time for a new tandem. a tandem that actually is together on tv makes more sense. tom hammond and cris collinsworth aren't together on tv. i honestly have never even heard or seen tom hammond announce a game this year.

I'm a fan of Gus Johnson and his color commentator Steve Tasker. They are lively and make watching football fun. The crew at ESPN is probably one of the best night game crews we've had in years (Tirico, Gruden, and Jaworski). It'd be nice to have them...but as far as i can tell, NFL probably won't allow EA to have that. If we had to get NFL Network announcers, that would leave us with Bob Papa and Matt Millen, who aren't the most exciting duo ever.

But hands down, no matter who the announcing team is, its time for EA to grow up and join the year 2010. Dynamic announcing is a must. They need to be able to announce the situation properly, call the plays as they happen, and announce the stats as they accumulate. I'll understand with all the new stuff and the rebuilding of the game they did this year, they didn't have time for this kind of dedication. But this has to be done for Madden 2011. NBA 2k10 does a great job at this. Their announcers call things as they happen, get excited when momentum begins to shift between the teams, assess what teams are doing right or wrong, and then have side conversations about the players on the field or situations from the league. It feels like a real basketball game. Not to mention all the other things they do like tracking live current NBA stats and schedules.

If im playing in my franchise in madden, i want to hear "Well it seems like they've been struggling with the run game. In the last three games, Steve Slaton has only run for 90 yards..."etc.