Old 01-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #35
Matt10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: When will info start to filter out about Madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
if they don't advertise new features, how are they supposed to get people in buying the next installment of the game when they already have the previous version?

In other words, if I don't know whats new with Madden '11, whats stopping me from keeping '10 and passing on '11.

And advertising isn't aimed at those who are hardcore fans of the NFL and most likely will buy the game regardless, its aimed at those who are casual fans and may not buy the game should it not be a step up from its predecessor.

And Madden's sales have declined, so yes they've been losing money since having the license.
See, I would be more inclined to buy it even more if I didn't know what was added/removed from Madden 2010.

The bare "casual" fan does not care what Madden 2011 has, all they care is that the rosters (if that) are right and the game is Madden 2011. It's that "Madden" name that we all know that a football game is being talked about - that's why you get your casual fan buying it.

Now for the hardcore guys...well, I say market away - but at the same time I want to be surprised. I want the threads after 3 months of 2011's release to start with : "HOly Crap - anyone seen this yet!?".
Advertisements - Register to remove