View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
BloodMeridian
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Seahawks RB opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarr
I am a huge Hawks fan. Your first idea is probably the best. Tapp is probably in Seattle long term, but you probably can't resign him at a reasonable rate unless Salary Cap is off.

In my franchise I actually traded for Stewart, because I allow myself to trade for anyone on the Trade Block, but nobody else. I gave up a lot to get him to make it as fair as possible.
That's primarily why I was looking at him. I had always seen him on the trade block in previous franchises when I didn't HAVE to control all 32 teams, and knew they'd be willing to part with him....in the Madden universe anyway.

I was looking at their DE's and they had Redding and Jackson signed longer than Tapp which is why I was going to trade him. I'm thinking I'll just go with my first scenario and sign a FA for depth and start Forsett for the rest of the year.

I would have signed Ian Johnson but I already signed him to the Raiders for depth and signed Omon to the Bills. I don't think I'll sign Edge just becasue it'll cost a couple mil in the end and although they have the room I don't really want him to get carries if he isn't in the longterm plans.