View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #201
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: @ CES w/ Russell. Hands ON Impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
The videos look amazing. Especially for an early build.

But seriously fellas? White flashes? Camera fade? Ball to grass physics vs ball to dirt physics? Really? This is what we're nitpicking now after about 5 minuted total of video?

Holy cow...
I think that's in reference to how good the rest of the game is. I mean, I can only repeat how great the lighting and check swings are as often as anyone else, but when push comes to shove I want to start looking toward the future and go, "What is it that we can say now so that next year we can all 'ooo' and 'ahh' at the next little things that are done correctly.

Keep in mind that I never liked the "fade effect", I always thought it was terrible but figured there was an excuse with it like they were loading a cut scene. Now that cut scenes are gone, I think you would be surprised how much better looking it would be if there was no fading. Again, anything for more presentation realism, I'm all in for it.

And the physics thing is more important than you're making it. Obviously they had a problem with it last year, so they thought it was important to address the issue.

And guys, come on... don't think of me as hating on these things. Obviously this game has everything '09 has and then some, and I was completely satisfied (glorified, rather) with my purchase and play time with '09. The same thing is going to happen with '10, '11, '12, and '83. I'm just looking forward is all.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove