View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
idrisguitar
Pro

OVR: 7
Where to Learn about the ins and outs of Football on both ends, In depth?

Hi guys, I'm kind of new to the sport. I mean, I understand all the rules and have been watching on and off for years, however I don’t really know much about the formations, play sets, and all the technical aspects of the game.

I rented this game a while ago, but found it hard to get into, especially on defence. I always asked madden for which play to choose and played a linemen, basically taking most of the fun out of it I guess. So basically I am really getting into the playoffs right now and want to buy the game on the cheap.

I was just wondering if you guys could link me to any website/tutorials/videos that do a good job of explaining the offensive and defensive formations, positions, plays, routes, and general terms. Basically enough information so I can read the opponents offense and defense and make my play choices, presnap adjustments and player control choices accordingly. I want to have a clear idea of what I'm doing and can enjoy the game as much as possible.

Little things like how to make sure a receiver like Fitzgerald or Moss is double covered, or is covered by my best corner for example. Another example would be, being able to read the defense and set hot routes and things like that to be more effective when I do have the ball. Basically have a good idea at all the options I have on both end of the ball.

I would also preferably like to have a guide that starts form the basics too, even though I kind of know, I don’t want to learn more extreme stuff until I know what the basics are fully about too.

Hope you guys can help. I know if I really get all the knowledge needed I can properly enjoy this game.

Thanks

(Btw I’m a UK fan, hence why I know a decent amount but not really any of the in depth stuff.)

Last edited by idrisguitar; 01-11-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove