View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #85
DaveDQ

OVR: 34
Re: 2K Sports Signs All-Star Lineup to Promote MLB 2K10 this Season w/ Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I think comparisons are only natural. What I don't get is the anger some show. I don't see people directing anger towards Live for not being as good as NBA2K - people speak of it having an upside. Same with Madden, even though it still hasn't surpassed games it should've long ago lapped. People are happy it's improving.
I don't think it's anger. I think it's an internet forum trend. 2K Sports has a philosophy of marketing that a majority of members here don't agree with. The first and obvious reaction is to compare that marketing philosophy to other developers that offer a different approach and cry foul. The second reaction, one that we see a lot of here, is a negative trend that borderlines on blind hate.

It's also a standard that they don't hold consistently among other titles. I see much nitpicking over certain stadiums being incorrect, yet we don't see this same standard applied to a game like The Show, a game that claimed last year we would see proper proportions in player models. Yet, while they are the first to release a video of this year's version, player models still look oddly proportioned. Also, SCEA failed miserably last year with online functionality, and still we don't see them being thrown under the bus as we see some posters have done in this very thread (over the fact that 2K hasn't released gameplay footage).

I want to see footage, and I do expect it by now, but in no way does releasing gameplay footage give you the nod for having the superior game. But, many here feel that way. I think it's safe to say the majority who shout how horrible the 2K baseball franchise is are doing so on the premise that 2K's marketing strategy is lacking. I'm not saying all, but many probably can't put a finger on what exactly makes the 2K series the lesser game.
Advertisements - Register to remove