Wenkinator
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What would you trade for Champ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
Hi

I play with the Broncos, but run a 32 team offline franchise in order to keep my league competitive and balanced.

I'm in my 2nd year of franchise having just won the Superbowl in my first season. That was great but I am now in salary cap hell, thanks to new contracts for Marshall, Dumervil, Kuper & Hamilton and I need to blow up the roster and rebuild for a couple of years.

One player who has to go is Champ Bailey - he's just too expensive and is likely to retire before I get the team competitive again.

I'm trying to figure out what would be a fair trade for Champ. He's a 96 rated CB in his 11th season. He did not suffer any rating loss during progression so I figure he should be good for anoher 2-3 seasons before he retires and/or declines significantly.

I reckon a 2nd round pick to a team that is a SB contender is fair. I think his age means that in real life noone would part with a 1st rounder for him. But a 3rd rounder seems a bit too stingy for a shut down corner regardless of age. Anyone agree/disagree?

I'd be interested to hear what would you give up for a 96 CB?

Thanks in advance.
I would say you would have the potential to get a fantastic deal by trading him to a team that needs veteran leadership.

Maybe trade him to a team which has a coach on the hot seat and is on the bubble to making the playoffs. I'm sure he'd easily trade a 2nd rounder. Maybe even a 2nd and 7th if he is going to get 2-3 years of service from this player.

Or you could trade him to the Raiders for 3 firsts and Aso...