View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
RayAP19
Banned

OVR: 26
Has anyone ever suddenly gone from great to horrible in a sports game?

I've had Madden 10 since the day before it actually came out (NewEgg FTW), and at first, as you'd expect, I was okay, but not great. I played a lot, got a lot better, then at one point, I was basically unstoppable. I don't mean to brag, but I was more or less the 07 Patriots. I was scoring roughly 34 PPG, throwing maybe half an INT per game, and allowing 13 or 14 points. With the Eagles, no less (not that they're a bad team). I was winning games 50-14, 63-0, etc. Blowin cats out left and right without even trying.

Anyways, I went on a 14-game winning streak, and then... something happened. I still don't know what, but all of a sudden I just started to SUCK. Badly. I'll never forget when I played a guy who used Baltimore and must have blitzed 80% of my passing plays. I got sacked 7 times, threw five interceptions and ended up losing 37-3. Ever since then, I haven't won a game. 16-game losing streak. I'm throwing probably 3-4 interceptions per game, scoring around 17 points and probably allowing at least 24. I went from 07 Patriots to 08 Lions in the blink of an eye.

And the best part about is I still can't figure out why. It's not like I went on a long hiatus from the game and then came back to it. I didn't switch teams (I've always used the Eagles), and I don't think my opponents got that much better.

Am I alone here? Has this ever happened to anyone? This is all online, BTW.
Advertisements - Register to remove