View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Hands on preview

John Kruk has been added? I think that if he can sound lively and mesh well with Thorne and Phillips, I'm all for it... but I don't know if I've ever heard him call a baseball game, I've only seen him on Baseball Tonight.

I think TrevyTrev will like the defensive swing mechanic, and it sounds appropriate with the control gesture you have to do. I hope they worked on cursor hitting, though... I'd much prefer that over the swing stick if there's no left stick skill for making contact.

I have no desire to play My Player mode, but I think it's kind of nice how it really wants you to progress far into it instead of playing every game, so hopefully people will post about being in their sixth year, blah blah.

No real mention of a new HUD or upgrades to real time presentation (including camera angles). I don't think this is the year for me to look at renting 2K10 and at least be pleased by it, but I certainly hope that this is a playable game for 360 owners this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
"The last new feature that was shown to me was also one of the coolest, provided it can be tuned properly. It's called Hurry-up Baseball"

Ummm...this was in last years game.
So was throwing with the face buttons (as I recall in the demo). I don't think Ahearn played last year's game much, but I don't blame him.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60