Old 01-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #413
Skyboxer
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
I don't know if anybody can answer this question here or not, but here goes.............

My biggest single gripe with this series over the past three years that I have played it is that the fielding is just too "automatic" for my taste, meaning that even set to MANUAL, the AI will make initial moves to the ball for you and in some cases makes a bone-headed decision to let an easy groundball just scoot by I want full control of my destiny on the field defensively and not have the AI screw me over more times than I care to see!!!!

Does anyone know from the information that's been shared thus far and the impressions from hands on gameplay if they have freed up the fielding at all, giving the user more control??? OMFG, I HOPE SO!!! Having the lack of control that MANUAL should allow for a fourth year straight may just be enough to make me not buy it this year.

The online lag is another concern but will not impact my decision to buy like the fielding will.
Reason #1 why I do play 2K from time to time.
Like what was just said the fielding has "received some love" but I'd venture to bet we will still just be guiding animations and not really feel like we are in control of the fielding as much as we'd like.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS