View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #62
Jdurg
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show Community Preview Event (January 20 and 21st)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
This time last year was first time anyone who doesn't work on the game was allowed to visit our studio and see what goes on behind closed doors with MLB The Show's development team.

Chris Cutliff, Director, of Product Development for MLB The Show thought CD was extremely valuable to our community relations and to the improvement of the franchise. We even had a focus test last year during the cycle. We invited Jim, Pared, Nemesis, Knight, and Brent_Hurst out to participate. They can't talk about the focus test now, but next week I'm lifting the embargo so they can give everyone their thoughts on focus test and if they believe it had an impact on the game.

Next week we are hosting our second Community Preview Event here in San Diego the attendees are the five above with some first timers as well. Brett_OS and bcruise will join the focus test group on next week.

The CPE will be the first hardcore hands on time that anyone has with the game (better get your Q&A's ready).
I must say, and no offense intended to the SCEA guys, but I never thought that a post from Russell talking about hands on "hardcore" would make me so excited.

One thing I'm hoping someone checks out at the event is whether or not they fixed the schedule bugs which resulted in the Cubs not playing a lot of day games, and other teams playing more day games than they should.