View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 04:36 AM   #15
sportyguyfl31
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Issues with the 3-4 Defense in Madden...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Ok, where do I begin? Im playing the 3-4 defense with the Niners and am in my second season with the following guys starting on defense...

LE- Justin Smith
NT- Vince Wilfork
RE- Parys Harelson
OLB- Manny Lawson
OLB- Shawne Merriman
ILB- Patrick Willis
ILB- Takeo Spikes
CB- Antonio Cromartie
CB- Nate Clements
FS- (Cant Remember)
SS- Michael Lewis

So, I cant get a sack to save my life, Ive got 16 through 11 games and thats dead last, 6 sacks behind Buffalo who has 22. I mix things up and have tried everything I can think of and while I get pressure the problem has now become the CPU QB's ability to unload the pass just as Im hitting him. I at first thought this was tied to the CPU QB's Awareness rating but then I played JaMarcus Russell and he did the same thing as Aaron Rodgers and Kurt Warner had done so that couldnt be it. I cant understand how the CPU can continue to throw as Im hitting them, its gotten to the point that Im willing to stop playing the game out of pure frustration. Ive gotten tips from a few, as well as slider changes, and Ive given it all a chance to work and still nothing. Im at the point now where I just dont think EA can make a complete game, its just not possible and it will never happen. I really hope someone here can come up with a solution to my problem as there has to be someone out there that is running with the 3-4 and getting sacks. Im 10-1 so winning or losing isnt the reason for this post, its the complete lack of sacks. In my most recent game against Green Bay I scouted them and found that the RT was better suited for speed rushers and the LT was better suited for bull rushers so I made the change to exploit this weakness and still got nothing as my one and only sack was from Tank Tyler, my backup NT.

Anyone have a tip maybe? Im at my wits end now and am ready to throw in the towel and I hate to do that as everything else is working out fine other then the ridiculous RB stats and the complete lack of sacks for my team.

Youre pretty much stuck with how it is. use the LB at DE sub packages in all nickle and dime sets, so that your OLBS arent wasting oxygen in pass rush scenarios.

Only way you can get a rush 3-4 OLB to behave like he should is either through manual use, or pre snap adjusting them to blitzes out of zones, mixed with line stunts.

3-4 "works" but its, backwards.

I play in a 31 user online franchise, and Kris Jenkinsleadsmy team in tackles for loss, which is stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove