View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #468
Illustrator76
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

I have messed around with the sliders a good deal and honestly I still don't get what people see in this patch (not saying you're wrong, I just don't see it). I honestly feel like it made the game worse. Player control seems less tight than before and my guy will just randomly run in the wrong direction for no reason at all, field goal percentages and scoring are way too high (even with adjusted sliders), the CPU seems way more spazzy on offense and even worse on defense. I did set each teams "Runs Plays" slider to 80 and that seemed to help a lot with the spazzy offense, but I am still getting guys like Jarrett Jack (57 shot tendency) shooting 3 times as many shots a game as Andrea Bargnani (75 shot tendency) and this happened for 3 straight games. Also, what's up with the new "I'm gonna go for a steal and leave you a wide open lane" animation? That was happening so much that I had to turn On The Ball steals down to 10 to tone it down. I don't see how 2K thought that enhanced the game in any way shape or form.

The CPU seems to have reverted back to the old "quick pass through traffic to the cutter down low" trick again resulting in way too many points in the paint. Pick and roll defense is even more jacked up; if I go around the pick and stay with my man (to avoid the switch), my other defender covers the same guy as me, leading to the cut down low, quick points issue again. On defense the CPU also gives up way too many open baskets down low and never really seems to adjust or do anything about it. I just don't get why 2K felt the need to jack with the game. It was great after the 2nd patch, my FG percentages were spot on as was my scoring too and I was having some awesome games; I honestly could not put the game down, now I'm almost ready to move on to something else. I simply don't feel any amount of sliders can fix the issues with the game now, and that is sad because I was LOVING it prior to this....

Last edited by Illustrator76; 01-21-2010 at 09:12 PM.