Old 01-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #23
dfos81
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gamasutra interview with Mark Turmell

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Had the following exchange with Ian over Twitter. Take it for what it's worth. I don't know whether or not I'll be as "in the loop" as I was last year (hell, I'm not even sure if there's gonna be a Community Day), but I don't think Ian would have addressed my statement if he didn't mean what he said.

Me- @ian_cummings I'm sorry, dude, but all these new guys at EA are talking the same lines that David Ortiz did. It is not heartening at all.

Ian- @adembroski a guy plays his first game of Madden prob throws 6 picks. A guy playing forever = breaks controller after AI bug. All big probs.

Ian- @adembroski difference with Turmell/me is that solution to those probs isn't a feature set. Smart football AI solves it all.

Ian- @adembroski we both know training drills or tests aren't the answer. Great football AI, great tuning, no bugs, high polish ... Those are.

Me- @ian_cummings I already know YOU get it. You sound like you're saying Turmell does too, so I'll trust you.

Ian- @adembroski definitely. He is a legend dude! SmashTV!!!
I read that too, cool to see Ian knows we want Great football AI, great tuning, no bugs, high polish, etc. Now lets see these guys deliver the goods.