View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
bigfnjoe96
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Kotaku Preview

I'm really liking that they've tighten-up the L-Analog Stick for both Pitching & Hitting. It sounds like the writer felt the same way:

Quote:
this year's configurations make loads more sense. They also represent a deliberately more deterministic mode of play that account for the many degrees of success or failure within the delivery of a pitch or the swing of a bat.
Quote:
From what I saw of it, MLB 2K10's hitting and pitching philosophy justifies the use of the analog sticks.
Also looks like the Graphics did get an upgrade..

Quote:
Judged by the visuals alone this will be a much better game than 2K9. All of the major league stadiums have been rebuilt, as well as character/face modeling, eliminating last year's embarrassments. Cap logos are appropriately proportioned, one of my pet peeves from 2K9.
Also liking the 2-player animations that have been done for this year:

Quote:
One of the best updates will be the addition of two-player animations, in which double-plays or plays at the plate incorporate both runner and fielder (and the ball coming loose, where appropriate), for seamless collisions and outcomes with no distorted clipping or incongruent behaviors.
Bring-on the videos.....