View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #851
CVELL
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Official Bugs/Glitch Thread

The depth perception downfield is extremely too small. DB's can cover waaaay too much field. A LB could not knock down a pass going to a WR 10 yards, (that's 30 ft), behind him.

In Madden, it seems like the Defense can watch the QB, and react to WR's behind them at the same time. This is how Madden translates "good defense".

The so called good defensive teams play sort of like a zone/man. They are watching the QB so they react unrealistically fast to balls in the air, while moving around to defend routes before the throw.

This is a mistake. You cannot move certain teams players into position to defend, while making other teams zone defenders play their respected zones without moving the whole play.

Last thing, A DB cannot go for a INT, and the tackle at the same time. That takes the game out of the game.

Also, a DB cannot know where the ball is in the air without looking for it. When a WR has a CB beat deep, the CB does not say to himself, Hey, I'm not going to worry about it, I'll just jump up and bat the ball down.

A DB is taught since high school that he cannot look back for the ball until he gets back even with the WR. That's why the importance is not to get beat deep.

It seems like in Madden, the good teams are just allowed to by-pass the rules. Bat balls without looking, jump without bending knees, Magically adjust their zones to routes being run behind them.

Take all the extra nonsense out of the game because all that it is doing is making ppl play with cpu-assisted teams rather than just play.
Advertisements - Register to remove