Old 01-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #26
dfos81
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Pro and Cons of Patch 1 vs. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
dfos which patch are you using? just 1? i mean, when i got patch 2 and was still playing, i can tell you didn't see too much of a difference to be honest.
I belive I'm just going to keep patch 2 and instead of simming the other games, I will just spectate those games.
I'm really happy w/ how the stats look w/ my minor adjustments to the cpu sliders on 15mins w/ 25 sec runoff for spectated games.

When I play, I'll bring the runoff back down to 15 or 20secs(for road games). I like the time running off more for road games, which would make it harder to get checks, hot routes, etc. in once I get to the los. Just adds a bit of challenge and gives a bit more pressure feel to road games.

So, looks like I'll be restarting my franchise. Using patch 2, but spectating, instead of simulating games.
Which doesn't piss me off too much, considering I already won the superbowl w/ the sliders I was using.
I'm timing the length of spectated games now w/ the 15mins 25 secs runoff.
The cpu gets to the los in about 2secs, so w/ 25 sec runoff, that still leaves them 13 secs to make adjustments at the los.

Okay, just timed a game Pats V. Saints w/ 15mins 25 sec runoff. Real-time took 50mins to spectate.
Keep in mind these teams like to pass more, so the game shouldn't be any longer than this was.
Thats kind of disheartening b/c to spectate 15 games, assuming nobody is on a bye week. That would take 12.5 hours, assuming each game took 50mins.
I'm going to check the number of plays and see if lowering the mins for spectated games would be possible and still getting 55-65 plays on each side. Brb

Last edited by dfos81; 01-27-2010 at 02:28 PM.