View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #522
Pappy Knuckles
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

My early impression of the game is that this **** is pretty hot. I've been playing a lot of MW2 lately, so when I first started playing the demo I was running around like a fool. Once I slowed down and started lining up my shots things got a lot better. I had the most fun with the Assault and Engineer classes. I think I'll be running those two the majority of the time.

With the exception of getting killed by some dude named DonaldDuck over and over again, my experience was very enjoyable. I only played for a little over an hour,but it's pretty easy to see that this game is all about teamwork. I like that everyone can fill a role and contribute somehow. I can't wait to squad up with my friends later on tonight and play some more.

The first thing I noticed when I booted up the game is how crisp and clean the menus looked. The second thing was the sound. I thought I was gonna get shot as soon as I took a step because the noise of bullets flying by was kind of crazy. I also think that they did a great job with the building damage. It was pretty cool to be inside of a structure and watch it fall apart around me.

I actually chuckled a bit when I saw the phrase "Epic Fail" pop up a couple of times. The first time it happened I was parachuting down and all of a sudden I dropped like a stack of bricks. I don't know if I pressed a button to release myself or if my parachute was just shot down. My other epic fail took place when I took off in a chopper and crashed into a building 3 seconds later. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

As hot as this game is I wouldn't call it a MW2 killer by any stretch of the imagination. To me they're both good shooters that play very differently. BC2 has a more realistic feel to it, while MW2 has a run-and-gun approach. Both are fun and both will have a place in my library.

Oh yeah, ATV's are the ****.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 01-28-2010 at 07:51 AM.