View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #555
Sweed
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Patch 2 definitely sucks for those that have long-running Associations, but overall I think it doesn't deserve the negative stigma being attached to it because it does improve the gameplay. Unfortunately overreaction is the way of the forums nowadays
But it's not an overreaction when someone has spent hundreds of hours playing their association only to have 2k break the game. The workaround doesn't work unless you throw away those hundreds of hours of play and start over. Then you have to turn off a feature of the game or you still get the bug.

On top of that you have the pleasure of turning down the patch every time you fire up the game and as an added bonus to that you can no longer use 2k share. Of course you do have the option of disconnecting your console from the internet so I guess that's really not a problem.

People are not complaining about something like Lamar Odom can't wear a team colored headband. They are complaining about 2k breaking the gameplay you say they have improved. I usually stick up for testers and am very understanding that some bugs are always going to be present in any game. In this case though I can't see how anyone testing the game could miss someone like Shaq jacking up threes, maybe I'm missing something here?

In the end I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Advertisements - Register to remove