View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
cnelly4
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: For married/living with GF gamers: I broke the news today..

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
I'm sure some of you have had to do this last year. I'm sure I won't be the only one who is doing it this year.

I let the little lady know that our bank account will be about $400 lighter in a month. When I told her it was because I was buying a PS3 for one baseball game I got the expected remarks about a "colossal waste of money." I tried to spin the Blu-Ray angle, but she really doesn't care about that stuff. She still watches VCR tapes on a small TV in our bedroom when she is lying in bed some time.

Oh well. It's out of the way now. It won't be a surprise. Really, she didn't give me too much grief. I was glad I didn't have to start bringing up $100 pairs of shoes that only get worn once or twice a year, of which there are at least $400 worth of in the closet.
Now this is a great thread!!!

Congrats buddy! Fortunately my brothers took care of me for x-mas and bought me a PS3. I have been dealing with my wife about the same thing for the past year and a half!! Now you just have to find time to play the thing! That is pulling more teeth than actually trying to get one!

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!