Old 02-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #57
Woodweaver
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Meet Joe Mauer, Your MLB '10: The Show Cover Athlete w/ Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Sometimes when I hear that stuff, I'm thinking more along the lines of, "I mean they may play it and get the swag down, but I doubt they can take it to that level to simulate the actual experience." Just like how NASCAR drivers said that they would play the old PS2 games to get a feel of the track. I gotta call baloney on that, though I won't doubt that they play the game, love it, and probably get a good general feel of what they'd be up against if not at least get into the mindset. Hell, I'm sure they even have clubhouse tourneys.

I'll tell you what, if I was a pitcher, I wouldn't ever rely on a video game simulation to give me a scouting report, no matter how real it plays out. It's just not the same. The biggest reason I would play a video game as a major leaguer is to see myself in it, which is really kind of cool (then I would make all of the necessary edits that they may have missed, including boosting my power ratings ).
I don't think he ever said they use it as a scouting report, but...

Cool! Nothing like calling a guy you don't even know and aren't standing in front of a liar! This interweb thingy is so cool.

Last edited by Woodweaver; 02-05-2010 at 08:12 PM.