View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
FindingTim
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4
My Fate is in Your Hands: To Samsung or not to Samsung

First and foremost, I am seeking help. But if you don't feel like reading my novella below, I understand.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
For the longest time I complained that hitting in The Show was more 'predetermined' than 'user-controlled.' I felt that the press of the X button poorly corresponded to the hit type. it felt like hitting was based more on ratings than on user skill. It was very frustrating and I longed for the days of MVP Baseball, where I truly felt in control at the plate.

now keep in mind, all this was happening on my HD Samsung (30+ inches, I don't know the exact size). I played hundreds of games and loved it all the while, but I was never content with the feel of hitting. Something wasn't right.

Last night, everything changed.

After patrolling these forums for weeks now, thirsting for this years version, I decided to bust out 09' on my old 19 inch Daewoo. Suddenly, hitting felt great. I was in total control, and unlike before, I was able to effectively use the left stick to hit.

This must be some kind of fluke,
I thought, I probably need to move up from 'all-star' and try hitting on 'hall-of-fame' and 'legend.'

I did, and hitting still felt great. For the first time ever, I was not late on every fastball. With some serious patience I was able to do damage to Lincecum and Halladay, two of the best pitchers in baseball. On my Samsung, Dave Bush gave me fits.

I have done some 'tests' and it is clear that the Samsung has some invisible lag. The game looks smooth (spectacular actually) but there is a slight delay that throws hitting off. In a game like baseball, a millisecond makes a huge difference. I called Samsung for help, and their only advice was to try things I had already tried: (turn on game mode, adjust settings etc.)

so why did I create this long thread? I am seeking advice. Do Samsung's have unfixable lag? If so, I have a tough decision to make. Do I play on the gorgeous Samsung screen but suffer from slight lag, or do I play on the tiny screen where I cannot bask in the graphical glory, but feel more in control?

can anyone relate to any of this? Do you have any miracle lag solutions? buying a new TV is not an option, so I am seeking outside help.

thanks in advance,
Tim
Advertisements - Register to remove