View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #40
thundergatti
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Mets vs. Cubs *1st Gamplay video Discussion (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Not digging the hitting view at all. Pitcher looks miles away, and takes out the whole watch the pitch from the hand scenario you do in baseball.

Ironic.
I take umbrage with this statement, which is really degrading to the game.

For one, it is only constructive to "watch the pitch from the hand" if the pitching animation is realistic. My eyes were opened after seeing the pitching motions in that Japanese game, and it was something I looked for in this 2k video. I was pretty impressed with the whip of the pitcher's arm, which makes it authentic to actually pick up the ball and try to hit it.

On this point, I was disappointed that the guess pitch text indicator obscured the ball coming out of Perez' hand. This may occur only with lefties.

I was also disappointed because it did not seem to me that the pitches missed so wide or high out of the strike zone, as that Developer Insight had indicated. Although this half-inning of CPU pitching is certainly not conclusive, I would have expected Perez to miss the strike zone by a larger margin (for example, when pitching cautiously to Lee in that tight spot).