View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 12:27 AM   #99
SoxFan01605
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbeast
I think the overall look and feel of the game as far as sound and lightning and physics is very good. You can see a huge overhaul in that area. At least I can. The player models and stadiums and overall look and the way players animate is much improved at least from a pitcher and batter perspective. That's first glance. As far as aethetic stuff and attention to detail maybe not. People are right about the numbers and letters not being sewn on and being too big. That's aethetic stuff though. The bat sounds are also the same like people are saying. We didn't see a whole lot there from an AI perspective either. I'm not saying that stuff doesn't add up either and isn't important. You can end up witha very nice looking game that ends up being fairly shallow that way. I do think they did overhaul a lot of the big things though.
Yeah, I can agree with most of this. I forgot to mention the lighting in my "Pros" (I'll fix that!) it is clearly improved.

Player models look about the same to me. That's not bad (aside from the monster legs...lol...but that's extremely minor to me), just not improved IMO.

As for the AI/Gameplay vs visuals, I agree. That's why I said I can't really know much until I get my hands on the game. I guess I was just hoping it would shine through more when watching than it did for me. As I said, I can easily get past pretty much my entire "con" list if the nuts and bolts equal good baseball.