View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
K_rob11
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: K_rob11's Chicago Bulls 1990-91 REWIND (NBA 2K10)

Mighty Celtics handle Bulls
easily

The Celtics players celebrate an easy win against Chicago.

The trip to the Boston Garden was not expected to be an easy one for the Chicago Bulls. Very few however, expected the Celtics to handle the Bulls as easily as they did Friday night in the 104-80 Celtics victory. The Bulls were just coming off an embarrassing 31 point loss to the San Antonio Spurs in their season opener last night and came into Boston hoping to come out with a much better outcome. That was not to be the case as Boston, led by Reggie Lewis, used their suffocating defense to fluster the Bulls causing them to commit 22 turnovers in the game. "Whenever you have that many turnovers in a game against a team like Boston, you can't expect win, or even be close in a game like that, " said BJ Armstrong, who committed 9 turnovers himself.

The Celtics had six players in double figures led by Larry Bird's 22 points. Reggie Lewis added 18 points to go along with a very solid defensive performance including 3 blocked shots and 6 steals. The Bulls will take a day off before traveling to Miami in hopes of getting their first win of the season.

TEAM
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
OT
FINAL

-

-

Bulls Leading Scorers
Michael Jordan - 31
Scottie Pippen - 14
BJ Armstrong - 9
John Paxon - 9

Celtics Leading Scorers
Larry Bird - 22
Reggie Lewis - 18
Brian Shaw - 15

Player of the Game - Reggie Lewis 18 points, 3 blocks, 6 steals

Last edited by K_rob11; 02-19-2010 at 04:58 PM.