Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #829
Klocker
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
I can't play this game for more than five minutes. I'm just not fascinated by it...what's the big deal? I like CoD and I played Bad Company for a long time...
here's a post form GAf which kind of sums up what happens when this game *clicks* for you.

Quote:
well I was in a similar situation as yourself, I downloaded the demo going into it with the same " military shooter time GO " mentality,

needless to say I caught 10 tankshells to the face and then said " **** it this game sucks "

a couple of days later I thought I'd give the game another chance and thank god I did, I hate to use the word but bc2 is an military sandbox fps

You can do whatever you want as long as it pertains to "war". That is you cant have a teaparty but you can pick

the recon class parachute down to the spawnpoint
toss some c4 on an atv , jump on said atv
drive the atv over a cliff while you parachute down to safety
watch as your flying bomb strikes an already damaged tank
the tank blows up but the drivers escape,

not soo fast

you shoot one of them in the face with your rifle, slide down the cliff
and pop the other one with your m9,
sneak by some pipes and get control of a UAV-drone station
hover above the map as you wreck havoc and terror on your enemies
spot the ones you cant reach, your friendly bradley will shoot out the walls of the house theyre hiding in and watch as the place crumbles and kills everybody inside

your medic buddy takes a sniper shot to the head, quickly grab his kit and use that defibrilator on him and bring him back to life, he'll thank you later

use your ghilliesuit to its full potential as you hide in some bushes and shoot the guys defending the base with stationary MGs,

Now you and your medicbuddy are heading to that sweetass apache AH-64 that the defenders are stupid enough to reject. Youll pilot that sucker as your buddy turns the remaining enemies to swiss cheese with that minigun of his.

And then it hit me, " wait, wait...this is just the demo! A demo shouldnt be allowed to be this god damn awesome "

Then I sit back and think of all the classes and kits, of all the modes and maps, every single game will turn out differently. Just like a fighting game, dynamic, fluid, each round different from the next.

Oh and it has SP