View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #309
SeerMagicX
Rookie

OVR: 3
Man I don't know what game people are playing, but this game is still a mess. Sure the pitching and hitting are fun, but both were done better in 2k8.

Once the ball is in play the game gets bad. Fielding is pretty much played by the cpu. Even throwing the ball with the meter, often times the computer will choose the release point instead of you when fielding a grounder.... baffling.

The ball simply dies when it gets to the outfield. I've played exactly 15 games, not ONE ball that made it down the line or in the gap that went to the wall. In those games I got ONE double, and it was a close play. ZERO hits that went over outfielders or landed at the warning track for a hit... ZERO. Outfielders move left and right to fast, and have super cannons for arms. If the CPU didn't cut the ball off on throws home, a runner would never score from 2nd base on a single.

I for one won't be buying, and I won't be buying the show either. The show while it plays a great game of baseball, is stale and boring. Wish I could take the pitching and hitting interface from 2k and realism from the show.