View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #8
BrianFifaFan
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA 2K10 PC Online Patch Update (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
yeah...2k9 ran smoothly with my old 4870 card...now that i have 5870 2k10 should run up to 100+ fps...instead im getting a meager 45-50 range....2k10 is badly optimized right now, im hoping the patch will fix that along with the sound issues...
I just had to reformat. Something was running in the background eating up my RAM and had my CPU just going nuts. So I went back to square one with drivers and the whole nine. I'm using about 15% of my 8 gig of RAM and have 512 of DDR3 on my 4670. My quad is running at 1 to 4% at idle. I'm able to run 1920x1080 at right around 58-60 FPS with Low Stadium, Med textures and Med crowd and have High players. Now compared with PES, I can max everything out. And run Fraps in the background with it still giving me 30 FPS solid. If I turn anything up on NBA it's a stutter-fest. But I think that I can live with what I've got for now, it is running butter smooth, for now....

I think half of the performance issues with this game is no DirectX 10 support. You have to install 9.0c, even if you have 10, huh? Why not write support for the newest and best coding? One of the biggest things that DX10 offered was better graphics support. And I'm also not seeing where there's strong Multi-Core support. The .config code is based off of single-core architecture. Multi-threading is here to stay. This game is just a really basic port. I'm starting to see that they (2k) arent' really trying to excel on the PC platform. That's where they could really make their games shine. But sadly, no. Probably just considered a secondary market. Really starting to worry me about what type of quality to expect out of MLB. If it doesn't deliver a kick-butt graphics experience, I'm just not buying. 360 version is a jag-fest and a half on my 42"

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)