Old 02-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #50
IlluminatusUIUC
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: New attribute idea - Motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
If your corner is too slow and gets outran by the opposing wideout even one time it could cost you a game "through no fault of your own" as well but you don't see many people on here saying they should make all players move at the same speed do you?
That's kind of a silly thing to say. I wasn't claiming that all players should be equal, but this is supposed to be a video game, not a university lab simulation. Some things need to be sacrificed for fun, and IMO this is one of them. Losing a game because my WR chose that particular 3rd down to have his ratings induced goof off play would intensely frustrating. Besides, Speed is easy to measure, heart is not.

Quote:
No, because it is expected that part of your job controlling a team is to put the players in position to succeed. This means if you are unsure about a guy you probably shouldn't be leaving him out to dry where it can make that much impact on the game.
Either A) you will be at the whims of a random number god when deciding whether this player is drifting or B) you'll have a personality guessing minigame where you try to boost them up. Neither sounds appealing. In Head Coach 09, they had a choice of whether to chew out a player after a bad play or console them. The choice you made (IME) seemed to be completely random. After Trent Edwards threw a ridiculous pick that ricocheted of the WR and a Defender, I chose to console him because, hey, it wasn't his fault. But he still took a penalty for it. There seemed to be no real relation to the situation or the players' actual personalities.

Last edited by IlluminatusUIUC; 02-28-2010 at 01:18 PM.