View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 04:39 AM   #200
En Fuego
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

gonna start with my cons just to get it out of my system

be back w/ pros later

this is for my ppl with OCD

disappointed they got rid of the few good things about 2k8

- no right stick influence for throw accuracy when fielding (in 2k8 if you held the right stick towards whatever base you were throwing to, but didnt keep the stick completely straight you wouldnt make a perfect, on-target throw)

perfect throws everytime as long as you're in the green.. doesnt feel like the meter affects throwing power at all either. i can see this getting old quick

- even when hurry up mode is turned off, it's still not all the way off. there's a lot of weird ppl like me that like to see the post-pitch batter/pitcher animations/mannerisms play out completely and the game cuts them all short even when hurry up mode is off. seriously aggravating

- customization isn't as deep as 2k8.. a lot of little things. one thing that really bothers me is they removed the ability to edit jersey bagginess. Fat guys like CC and Prince and guys like Manny that wear big, baggy jerseys all have the same jersey type as everyone else. it's minor yes, but it adds to the realism and everyone ends up looking the same

you'll really notice it when you play with Manny

- no manual fielding

- lack of batting stances.. havent checked pitcher windups yet, but i'd like to see 2k baseball get to as many signature animations as 2k basketball. too many players bat the same and with a lack of sig animations the game can get stale quick

- cant view pitchers warming up in the pen

- cant select the cpu pitcher when playing quick game

- little minor touches of detail missing;
e.g. baserunners holding their batting gloves on the basepaths were removed

forgot a few things, but for the most part i'm enjoying playing the game so far and it feels like 2k has a good foundation here. the prospects of 2k11 look intriguing

Last edited by En Fuego; 03-02-2010 at 04:42 AM.