View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #244
skinz
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Just got the game and played a few games in

Some thoughts:

- The game play smooth like every one stated
- No replay hiccups like last year
- The stat tracking is crazy in this game, there is a stat for a lot of occasions ( e.g., on a 1-1 count so and so hit this average and HR, etc)

- Ball and strike ratios are shown from time and time on the screen (Which I like)

- Commentary is incredible
-Presentation and Graphics is WAY better than last year (don;t knwo what the IGN reviewer saw)

- There is a drilling training mode to practice (Which I like as well)

- You can paint the corners finally.

Since I play only in classic mode, I will talk about that more

- Its WAYYY to easy to pitch in classic mode.....I'm not fond of it to be honest. You just hold it down to match the outside part and that's it. There is no longer a 2 part movement where you used to press A to hold it down for power, let it go, and press A again for control.

Its just press A to max your effort and that's it. I recommend everyone to speed the meter to 100 OR 90 if you are planning to pitch in classic mode. Because the default speed it too easy to max your pitches.

-I think I found a glitch and it has to do with the pitcher running to the base to cover 1st base. Its no longer a pre-determined animation anymore....you and the CPU control the pitcher to make the tag on 1st base. However, the CPU mostly stand there instead of going to the bag.

- There is a weird throwing animation from past 2k baseball games that have returned.....The animation where the fielder throw a ball straight but the animation have his arm pass his chest---kinda going sideways. It looks bad.

Just a quick impression and I am overall impressed......Got to go to work so I shall give it more time when I come back.

Last edited by skinz; 03-02-2010 at 11:17 AM.