View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #263
m-dogg
Pro

OVR: 6
Question Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

* are the graphics really worse in My Player mode than regular play?

* is it possible to control your slide during a steal attempt? In the demo, I can control my slide while baserunning, but every steal attempt ends in a lame feet first slide...and tag out. is it different during that slow down effect?

* is there an errors slider and does it work? we need way more IF's knocking the ball down but not making a throw, etc...

seems to me a custom or official 2k roster is needed with:

- all players arm strength AND accuracy edited down
- all pitchers fielding and range edited down A LOT

baserunning also needs to be lowered, of course theres a slider for this, but this worries me that steals will then become impossible. I couldnt steal with overly fast baserunners, how am I gonna steal with a slowed down version? 2k ALWAYS gets this balance wrong.

I think they always have the fielders throwing speed too fast because their baserunners are always too fast. I hit sharp routine grounders, and the (average speed) runner will barely get beat out by the throw -- when really I should have had time to relax, set my feet, and toss the ball over instead of gunning it to first to barely beat him. it just ruins the immersion and believability that is so important when playing a sports game!