View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #57
SouthernBrick

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Backbreaker Updated Hands-On Preview: Angle of Attack (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
Wow just wow. I can't wait for the game but there are a few negatives that I need to point out.

-The leaning run animation. I just don't like how they sway back and forth. It seems like you can run circles around people and they can't tackle you. Reminds me of a Madden that was released around 96-97. A buddy of mine would just run in a circle and defenders would just run in a group into each other. I hope that is not the case here.

-The too much protection/qb scramble. That reminded me of Madden also where there is no pass rush. Speaking of.. I agree that the rushing seemed a little stiff and clogged. But I liked the swim move.

-The catching in multiple coverages. That was the one thing that made me kind of cringe. It was pretty bad. Maybe it was just for show because there was a nice INT in the endzone when a WR was doubled. So I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Other than that I am LOVING just about everything else. I could care less about injuries. I never play with them on anyway, not to mention I am pretty much an online player. But Road to Backbreaker sounds cool. This may be the first time in long time that I actually play the offline mode in a football game. I am very suprised at everything that have put in the game for a first effort. MOAR INFO PLEEEEZE!!
It was on easy so there it was probably very easy to create a few highlights in the passing game like that. I was a bit upset to when I first seen it but, on rookie and pro in madden Its big plays all day long. Also footage is not from the final build so I expect some things to look better once more up to date gameplay vids come out. I agree with what you said though for the most part though and I give them the benefit of the doubt for right now.