View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #133
Cras
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Have you tried simulating all the other games for the day before you play the game for your team? I'm not sure if it will work, but it's possible. I know it works in Madden.

I haven't tried it yet, because I'm currently downloading the update.
No. I set up my first franchise to all teams under my control, but after my second spring training game I noticed that I had the bug in previous years where if you played an exhibition game before you played a franchise game you would still get those little previous season highlights under the stats bar (second presason game and the game was telling me that Mark Tehan played 144 games last year for the Royals). Just to check that it indeed was the same bug as last years, I simmed up to opening day and saw the blank scoreboard and figured out what was going on, and I scrapped the franchise right then and there and set my next one up where I controlled only my beloved White Sox, and I turned off Budgets and turned on Force Trades. I am not sure yet if I want to turn on CPU control, would be nice to make sure the lineups are kosher, and to block the AI from trading amongst themselves, but I really do not like the fact that it turns of injuries. I mean, what is a baseball season without injuries?

Anyway, I never did do any further testing, and I cannot now since I too am downloading the new patch. At 72%, and 12 minutes remaining.