Old 03-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #1227
allBthere
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
To tell ya the truth I hated the first one at release, ended up getting rid of it about 2 weeks after release then rebought it at a later time. The second one is heads and shoulders above the first one.

If the controls are what worry you, they are alot more responsive then in the Demo. I played both the PS3 beta and the 360 Demo, the retail games controls is alot more like the beta feel rather then the demo. The environments are gorgeous, gameplay is great and its all around a great experience. I say get a 2 day rental, if you like the feel of it, buy it. If not you saved yourself $60.
Thanks for the response, that's good to hear. I just got 2k baseball and was thinking I might pick up metro 3300 or whatever it's called, splinter cell conviction plus later ufc2010 and backbreaker - hell even toy soldiers looks enticing!, but I've have kept an eye on this too. Obviously it's getting great reviews.

My concerns were mainly the controls though and the draw distance (which even the demo was fine imo...i was picking people off from extreme distances). And overall the 'sameness' to BC1.

It's funny reading some of this thread; there are people that want others to communicate more, but when I'm online I just want everybody to shut up lol UNLESS they're my friends and we're playing together. BECAUSE communication is more essential in this game than other shooters, if I end up buying this I'll have to try my best to convince my buddies to get this too.

So yeah, I guess I'll just take your advice. I was going to say it would be easier to buy if I was already sick of MW2, but maybe it could increase the longevity of both games having them at the same time and kind of swapping back and forth.