View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #534
jake44np
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I was finally able to get some games in last night. My first copy that I got on release day would not work on my 360, it would freeze right before the first pitch of every game.
I still can not play a play now game but I can play games in the mlb today and I can play franchise games. I have no idea why I can not play a play now exh game, again everytime I try to play one it freezes on the visitors line up card. I have cleared my clache (spelling???) and I have downloaded the game to my HD but it still wont work.
Anyway my impressions of playing 3 spring training games in the mlb today are very positive. In fact compared to last years game this game is golden to me, I am loving it. The game play is alot better then last year and the game looks great on my 47" vizio! There are alot of "little things" in the game this year that I really enjoy.
PROS:
1. Pitching, pitching, pitching! Did I mention the pitching??? I love the new pitching system. I also love trying to pitch against good hitters, you really have to work pitching this year.
2. MLB Today-This new feature is great! It was really cool to fire this up last night and see all the current days games. I really enjoyed picking which of the days spring training games I wanted to play last night.
3. Graphics-I have read some people dont like the graphics in this years game and I just dont agree at all, the stadiums look great. They really added alot to the over all feel of the stadiums this year. I am a Reds season ticket holder and GABP is perfect in this game!
4. Presentation-From the announcing to the graphs showing league leaders they really stepped up the presentation this year.

CONS:
1. Freezing-I dont know how many people are experiencing any freezing, I dont think many are as it is not discussed much on OS. But like I mentioned above for some reason I can not play a play now exh. game, it freezes right before the first pitch at the visitors line up card everytime.
2. CPU Pitching stamina-I played a game last night as the Dodgers vs the DBacks and Haren threw 122 pitches and was still going strong. I really dont think the cpu stamina works in this game, a patch needs to fix this.

Again this is the first baseball game for the 360 that is worthy of next gen. After liking 2k9 last year and playing a whole 162 game season with my Reds this game feels like baseball heaven to me!