View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #554
Lafayette
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I can say this about this game compared to THE SHOW (I own both).

2K10 - The gameplay is more exciting and the player movement/animations are much smoother/realistic.

The Show - Looks Amazing, very realistic in it's gameplay but a bit of a bore.

I think if 2K cleans up its graphics and smooths things out then it will catch THE SHOW in no time. I play 2K10 slightly more at the moment because it's a VIDEO GAME and should represent that to some extent and not give me boring ball.

THE SHOW '10 is a bit to much like '09 to the point where I can't really tell that much of a difference but the game is still amazing to look at but that right there is the problem, I'm not spending money to watch baseball.

Here are some in-game comparisons.

2K10
Pros - Gameplay, Animations (pitcher/batter), Presentation and Fun
Cons - Graphics (just not smooth), Prior to moving sliders it's impossible to get extra base bits, Camera Options (I think there just fine but people are complaining)

THE SHOW
Pros - Graphics, Stat overlays are nice and gameplay is simple to pick up
Cons - Animations (short arms, stiff players and box-top looking players), Boring (just way to real to the point where you don't want to sit through 9 innings of this), Presentation is stiff.

I would suggest THE SHOW if you own a PS3 because graphically it's amazing and easy to play but 2K10 is just a lot more fun.

It's good that we have 2 choices this year but for now I'm going to say that 2K10 is the game that I'll find myself playing for a while because the complete game experience on the field is a more enjoyable experience.