View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #598
duke776
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Just had the most amazing game ever. Rangers @ Cubs(me), Tommy Hunter vs. Tom Gorzelanny.

Score is 1-1 in the 4th when Nelson Cruz takes me deep for a solo shot. Next half inning Aramis Ramirez doubles, and Byrd knocks him in with a single down the right field line. Bottom 5th Soriano doubles home Jeff Baker, giving me a 3-2 lead. Top 6th Gorzellany hangs a slider to Ian Kinsler and he hits a 440 ft shot, all tied at 3. Top 8th, Ian Kinsler leads the inning off with a double off of Samardzija. Next up Chris Davis, he drills a homer to left I feel like I have absolutely no chance, losing 5-3.

Bottom 8th the Rangers bring in Neftali Feliz, and Soriano leads off with a single to center. Feliz absolutely blows away Theriot as he goes down swinging. Then they bring in their closer Frank Francisco. Derek Lee and Aramis Ramirez hit back to back singles, leaving the bases loaded for Marlon Byrd. He K's looking. Now up Kosuke Fukudome, who is 0-3 on the day, I decide to pinch hit Xavier Nady for him who has gave me clutch hits in some of my past games. Xavier Nady clears the bases with a GRAND SLAM!!! I think he just earned a chance to become the everyday right fielder for me.

I bring in Carlos Marmol to shut the door, after two easy outs Kinsler singles and here comes Chris Davis again. Luckily I was able to get him to fly out to end the game. Cubs win 7-5.

Last edited by duke776; 03-04-2010 at 09:48 PM.