View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 01:23 AM   #609
SoxFan01605
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Well, I've been messing around with My Player for awhile as a pitcher. It's a solid first effort. One thing I was a bit disappointed in was that it went more in line with Road to the Show's older goal system (strict pass/fail) that gives you failures for things out of your control (i.e. not getting credit for getting a batter out in less than 5 pitches because your IF goes the short way for the out.). At least you don't lose points for these "failures" though.

I would have preferred it go along more with NBA 2K10. Points for good plays, but also for playing the right way (maybe points for following the coaches' or catcher's advice/gameplan) and then separate game goals rather than individual play-by-play goals. Not only are some of the smaller goals silly, but it breaks up the flow of the game...this is a gripe I have with career modes in general and something NBA 2K10 handled extremely well.

The AI is very suspect too...but again, that seem standard for these modes in pretty much every game. Playing as a pitcher is right up my ally though as I'm not a fan of this game's hitting and LOVE the pitching interface. I've had some fun with it and if I decide to purchase the PC version down the line, this will probably end up being the main mode I spend time with in the game. It can get addictive.