Old 03-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #430
tabarnes19_SDS
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I posted this in a different thread in where they were discussing the effects of the player potential fix, but it answers your question as well..

-------------------------

a majority, if not damn near all, the players being put on trade waivers or even traded for prospects are players that are in the last year of their contract and:

* are in a big money contract

* are old

I don't believe the player potential fix will eliminate this from happening. Teams are looking to dump big salary players for cheaper, high ceiling, prospects. Not sure there is anything one could do to fix this outside of controlling every team.

This is something we have asked for in the past, but I think the logic isn't quite worked out. Players should only trade big name free agents after July 1st AND if they are more than 6 games back of a playoff spot.

Another thing is the cpu sees arbitration players as in last year even though they are under control until after 6 years.

The waivers this year is a great feature, but needs some work. I think the dates are even messed up because after the season you cannot make trades because it says "playoff eligible players can not be traded after waiver period." This is in effect until Jan 1.