View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #18
turftickler
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
I agree. I always rent games on their first release (on the off chance the game is terrible) but having a new football game in May with customization like backbreaker is a great thing. Even if its just mediocre I'll be happy with it to take up my time till NCAA/Madden and maybe even further if its good. I like Madden/NCAA but that doesn't make me automatically against other football games. All of these games are going to have their share of problems though.
Great post. It is good to see more level headed people post in these threads. I am on the opposited end of the spectrum. I used to love playing Madden NFL games, but they got stale to me and they seemed to get worse when they switched to next-gen. Take for example, NBA 2k10. I like the game, but I loved last years version. I rarely play it. I have only played about 170 games while many other players have played 1000's.

I sometimes think that our expectations become too high, but in Madden NFL 10's case, I would say that our expectations should have been met by now. We are not asking for a perfect game, just a football game with good gameplay that does not cheat you to win.