View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #501
bxgoods
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
That's not a bad idea if you want to go about it that way. But just looking at the trades the CPU makes besides the ones they make for you, the logic behind them is downright horrid imo. I've seen Jose reyes trades, pujols traded, etc... In order for the cpu to trade amongst themselves however is to set the trades global setting to auto, cuz if you set it to manual, and ur profile to auto the cpu still won't trade at all.

As for the draft situation, I understand the problem there. Only thing you can do is simulate it, or play GM for every single team and draft for them. Kinda sucks, but it's the the worst thing that could happen. It's actually nice to have the option imo. I will prolly sim thru it tho and hope my team drafts some good ones. Regardless if I drafted or not, it's prolly a crapshoot on whether I get a really good player or not lol
The reason you see superstars traded so much is because of the potential ratings out of whack. Most of the superstars have C or even F potential rating, and potential rating is the most important thing to trade value in the game.

I use the Mets in my franchise and tried to trade Reyes for a double A prospect with a A potential rating and the computer had 0 interest even though Reyes overall rating was much higher, but right now his potential rating is F.
The roster update will fix that problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove