View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #701
econoodle
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMo
My impressions are based off of the PS3 demo.

1. The cyberfaces were not well done. You have to have Jeter and Teixeira actually LOOK like them.
2. I don't know how 2k does it but their ambiance always seems livelier, so that feeling from 2k9 is still there, which makes you want to like this game. I wish the demo version for 2k10 actually had play by play, and I read the reason as to why it wasn't included and I find that unacceptable. It is poor advertising in my opinion.
3. I hated how the game would zoom out whenever there is a wild pitch. It takes you away from the action to allow you to see the whole playing field. I hate that.
4. Some of the camera angles for when batters came up to the plate were great, as if you were a camera on the floor in front of them 10ft away.
5. The pitching is way too difficult to pick up, which allowed me to pitch numerous wild pitches. I like the idea of having to do motions for pitching, but after trying it, I think The Show has it better their way. Pitching for 2k10 was a chore, one that I did not succeed at accomplishing.

This game is trying to be sold at full price, and for that, and the reasons mentioned above word for word, I will not be buying this game. I just flat out did not enjoy the experience. I have The Show 09 as I bought it from my brother (he bought `10), so I'm cool for the next year. I wish I enjoyed the 2K10 demo though.
good thoughts
i agree about the livelier ambiance.
hard to explain but it feels and sounds more like baseball.
i love the ESPN style player close up throwing the ball around before the game.

they need to seriously patch the bad Pitching ai in terms of subs.
patch errors.
patch in a livelier ball to help with extra base hits

Last edited by econoodle; 03-07-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove