View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #231
Pruce
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltw0303cavs
As far as the potentials, why would a Ryan Church rate above a D? Did you see him as a Met? remember potentials are not set in stone, some people are getting way too worried about potentials. Hey if your Pirates fan wouldnt you want Jose Tabata to be a A or a B ?? but guess what he is a C at best. I mean there a lot of players that are decent that have no upside, they may be decent players but will never progress above that. There is nothing wrong with that. I mean guess what when Luke Hochever was drafted bet everybody thought he was a A, guess what probably a C. Brad Lincoln was drafted ahead of Clayton Kershaw, Joba and TIm Lincecum, guess what C potential.Most of this is subjective and once again potentials can be altered based off how they train.
If in fact I see potential ratings change through training and coaches hired, I will quit my bitching. However, I've yet to see documentation, statement, or actual sims I've done having potential ratings change. As we all know those potential ratings mean alot in trades, and like MLB 09 the show the ratings didn't change through training and such. If there is such a document, video, or post I've missed showing the changing of potential ratings through training as you say, I'd love to see it, because that would be an awesome addition to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove