View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #150
jake44np
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Ok, first let me preface this by saying I'm a one console gamer, and by default of owning an xbox 360 I'm "stuck".

I've found ways to like this game, and make it an enjoyable experience but that hinges more on my love for baseball and the reality that I cannot afford two consoles than anything else.

JBH3 Post-Patch Impressions:

Pitcher fatigue issue - Don't know what 2K did here. It seems like nothing was changed. Why? Because I played a 14 inning game as Baltimore @ Minnesota. Got 1 run early, but then got locked in a 1-1 tie all the way into the 10th inning where Minny's SP Kevin Slowey pitched 10 innings of 1 run ball striking out 10. His pitch count was 120 pitches. For his career, using Baseball Reference.com as my reference, he's never pitched a game at the MLB level throwing more than 110 pitches and any of those such games never extended into the 10th inning.

The stamina glitch does not represent the individual pitcher on the mound. It makes them into a rubber armed, bb throwing, ace. It could be counteracted by forcing an injury upon the CPU pitcher should the CPU manager keep a fatigued pitcher out there for 10 innings and 120 pitches, but I've yet to see an in-game injury.

A new glitch I encountered occurred in the same game mentioned above and then again in a ATL @ PHI (me) game. What happened was when a batter who had previously homered came up again, the cutscene to show that last AB started, and instead of watching it I pressed "A" to get to the actual gameplay. Well the camera just sat zoomed in and locked in on the batter at the plate. The only way to get the game to resume was to bring in a new pitcher. This glitch caused me to bring in a RP that I didn't want to bring in who then gave up two hits and allowed ATL to tie the game, taking a win away from JA Happ who had recorded 8 Ks thus far, allowed only 5 hits, and 1 run through 6.2 innings pitched.
You sound frustrated JBH???
As for the glitch, many of us have seen this glitch.
All I had to do was press down on the d pad which leads you to the sub screen, dont sub just go back to game action and the game will resume. I have read about 4 different people say that is how they to got back to the game. You shouldnt need to sub out your pitcher. If anything sub out a position player dont bring in a cold pitcher.