View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #807
Eddie1967
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I use a timing method only (don't touch the left stick) and hit one or so per game. The funny thing is that I'm usually a better pitcher than hitter in baseball games but I find hitting to be no problem in this game for me. Obviously there are quite a few guys that are struggling with this. Are you using the swing stick? I am. Guys with classic say it's much harder to hit HRs.

On a different note, one of my favourite things about this game is the pitching system. I love the gesture pitching. The cpu will take pitches as well as chase pitches occasionally out of the zone. However, gesture pitching is too dependent on the gesture and not dependent enough on pitcher ratings. Dontrelle Willis should struggle with control even if he hits the gestures perfectly. I do think the ratings seem to matter on the outcome of the pitch but I wish they had more of an effect on the pitch control. Hopefully they tweak that a little with the patches.
Thanks for the tip, I will try that out this evening. I started with the hit stick then I switched to classic but I still couldn't hit a home run. I'm switching back to the hit stick after your advice. Are you saying that you never use the left stick to aim?