View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #77
Phobia
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke777
The controls still feel extremely sluggish to me. Part is probably due to me being absolutely awful at anything isomotion (don't know any moves, iso nor in the post) but... is it even possible to use pure scorers, for example, Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford and create some separation of the dribble for an open J?

I can't hit a jumpshot to save my life post-patch and the computer just destroys me from everywhere. If the refs didn't bounce the ball on freethrows I'd swear I'd be playing NBA 2k10 v0.9 instead of v1.1. It only seems to have gotten worse

Also... is a double-team an automatic turnover now? Stoudemire had 3 TO's on 3 doubleteams with Nash/Richardson standing at most 5 feet away (completely open).
Oh yea you can easily use pure scores to break people down and get that seperation for the open J.

Watch little nate here get the seperation for the easy look. he misses but show you how you can make the defense look silly
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=1277195

Couple tips on Isomotion
I am not sure how you have your buttons set up. But mine are like this. Clutch is LB and turbo is RB.

- When you square up with someone. Use clutch to throw a couple jab steps, maybe even a pump fake or two.

- Then when you get them moving off balance, a quick tap of clutch or turbo with out moving in a direction will start a dribble move.

- From that position you can do other things such as hold both clutch and turbo and spin stick for a behind the back dribble, spin move, half spin then go, etc all while hold either one or both of the clutch turbo buttons.

Using the moves at hand and watching the defender closely you can tell when you get them shook.