View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
nino1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Help please with MLB 10 The Show

Thanks again, but I have to be honest, its all still very unclear to me, when I see the pitch, they all look the same to me at the release point, I guess I don't come from the Baseball world, as its not popular here, these Aussies don't know what they are missing.
I suppose this game is like real baseball, as you don't see batters hitting every ball sweet.
Its a little frustrating to not be able to enjoy the game as much.
Anyway as you all said I will keep practicing.
Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesaysso
You'll get mostly the same tips no matter where you go. Take more pitches, be patient, wait for a good pitch...blah, blah, blah. It doesn't seem to matter. This year's game has been ever frustrating due to the amount of balls the fielder's eat up. I am constantly amazed at how many balls that I have great timing, great contact, or both and they end up being weak ground balls, line drivers right at infielders, ropes ri pointght at outfielders, or towering fly balls that stay up long enough for outfielders to run 2 miles to go get.

Good luck is all the advice I have for you. I've tried hitting on 3 different difficulty levels with hitting sliders all the way up. I should almost get more hits accidently then I actually get in the game. I even got no-hit by the marlins in spring training on veteran mode. I'm not sure if its more embarrassing for me or the absurdity of this game. My starters could not get a single hit off of a platoon of Marlins spring training pitchers and I've been playing The Show since '08.

There are people who claim that they can hit the ball on this forum. Perhaps they have mastered a skill that I have not. I will say that every person that I have actually met in real life also cannot hit the ball in this game. Good luck, again. You are in for a long and difficult journey.